Noodle soup as the best street food speciality? Yes, welcome to Laos !
Anywhere you are or you go (except maybe in the jungle) you can expect to find at least a noodle soup in the street or in any open house. Noodle soup is always a safe bet as on top of being cheap (15 000 Kip – 1.5 €), it’s very good !
- Asian noodles
- young onions
- Soya bean sprouts
- choped tofu, chicken and beef
- Chicken broth – Very salty
- Black pepper
- Green chili, peanuts and green beans (optionnal)
- Prepare a pot with chicken broth and another pot with boiling water
- Chop and cut all the ingredients
- Cook the tofu, chicken and beef directly in the chicken broth, a few minutes (even a few seconds)
- Cook the noodles a few minutes in the boiling water
- Prepare the plates with all the ingredients :
- Pour the remaining chicken broth into the plates, add the pieces of meat and black pepper
- Serve with peanuts, green beans and green chili.