No butter, no milk for a healthy and delicious morning recipe
A recipe that first stands on the pleasure side of the equation with its super fluffy texture and spicy taste. Pretty good on the healthy side of the equation too but not that good on the sustainable side since bananas still don’t grow in Belgium… Or I missed something !
Anyway, as I always say, in cooking, eating healthy, sustainability (…) are important rules to have in mind but not a religion, therefore, let’s not feel guilty to bring the deliciousness on the morning table once in a while !
- 2 bananas (normal size)
- 1 egg
- 120 g non dairy milk (I used almond)
- 125 g flour (I used wheat but qinoa flour could work for gluten intolerant persons)
- 4 g baking powder
- 3 g cinnamon
- 1 pinch vanilla paste (or 5 g vanilla extract)
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine together wet ingredients (banana, milk, egg, vanilla).
- Combine together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon).
- Add wet in dry and stir .
- In a frying pan slightly oiled, cook one Tbsp batter on both sides.
- Serve with thin banana slices, maple syrup and sprinkle with coconut flakes.