Carrots, lentils, leek, onions and coriander… Easy !
Ingredients (for 4 persons) :
- 250g red lentils
- 4 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 2 medium onions
- 1 Tbsp fresh choped coriander
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1,5 Tbsp mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- Olive oil
- Neutral oil
- 1,5 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 pinch salt
- Wash, peel and chop all vegetables, coriander and wash lentils.
- Cook carrots : Boil with a Tbsp sugar (to keep the bright color) until you can slice them with the side of a fork without using too much strength.
- Cook leek : Medium heat in olive oil until meltingly soft (no coloration).
- Cook onions : Fry in olive oil and caramelize with Xeres vinegar, balsamic vinegar, soja sauce, beer, wine, Porto, Lemon juice and sugar… All these different processes will give the onions a special taste, try a few of them and choose what you prefer. My favorites for this recipe are lemon juice and sugar and Porto.
- Cook lentils : Start with cold water, no vinegar, no salt, cover. No magical timing, you have to taste it to know it’s ready – tender (just for information the cooking process for red lentils is quite quick, a few minutes only after boiling point – Be careful).
- Mayonnaise : in a bowl, stir together egg yolk, mustard and salt. Add 1 by 1, 2 Tbsp olive oil until emulsion point is reached and very very slowly add neutral oil until final consitency is reached. Add lemon juice. For this recipe your mayonnaise needs to be strong in taste, add more mustard, salt and lemon if the taste is not strong enough
- Mix everything before serving in a bowl