Delicious tiny biscuits made in 5 minutes for a zero waste tea party !
After my recipe of chocolate chips and sunflower seeds shortbreads, here is another delicious recipe stollen from the english culture. Earl grey tea shortbread biscuits or actually “any type of tea” shortbread biscuits as long as it tastes good !
Ingredients (for one oven tray):
- 140 g floor
- 1 Tbsp ground tea (on the picture : black grapefruit tea from Comptoir Florian in Bxl)
- 115 g butter – room temperature
- 30 g icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange or lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt – Only if you’re using unsalted butter
- Grind tea if not done.
- Combine floor, tea and salt.
- Whisk butter, icing sugar and zest together until getting an homogeneous cream.
- Slowly add dry mix (floor, tea, salt).
- Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap, and roll into a log, 4 to 7 cm in diameter.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Slice the log into 3 to 5 mm thick disks.
- Place on parchment or silpat lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the edges are just brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and cool to room temperature.
- Store in a metal box.
Et… voilà, Bonne dégustation !