Make your own liquor… super easy !
I’ve learned how to make fruits liquor when I was in Coimbra, in Portugal thanks to Emilie, a portuguese lady from Mangualde. A lot of “aguardente” and a bit of maceration for a delicious alcoholic drink. And today, I’m sharing this milk and chocolate based recipe published by Sylvain from the blog un peu gay dans les coings (fr only) that I made and offered as a christmas present this year.
Yes, it’s in this little bottle on the right side of the picture here below. Milk and choclate for a super transparent result… How is that possible ? Answer below the picture !
- 250 ml whole milk
- 250 ml 90 % alcohol
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- 30 g dark chocolate (70%)
- 167 g sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- Take zest and juice of lemon if not done yet.
- Break chocolate into smaller pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
- The lemon juice will curdle the milk, giving the mix a strange decomposed texture.
- Leave it for 15 days shaking the jar everyday.
- After maceration, filter liquor using a paper coffee filter (without stiring or scrubing with a spoon).
Et… voilà, Bonne dégustation !