Because, when on the go, even in winter, having a homemade salad is definitely easier and healthier !
Quinoa and cashew nuts are definitely not produced locally but as long as it’s bought unpackaged, it fits our “friday sustainable recipe day”… Phew !
It’s best to prepare this recipe the day before so that the ingredients needing a cooking process won’t melt the goat cheese. And while preparing a piece of your butternut for this recipe, why not prepare the whole thing and store everything you don’t need in the fridge to come up with another recipe idea using butternut later ? (check out this vegan houmous or this ginger soup for example…)
Ingredients (For 2 persons) :
- 200 g quinoa
- 300 g butternut
- 10 green olives
- A few cashew nuts
- 1 big shallot
- 1 fresh goat cheese
- 1 tbsp raspberry vinegar (works with any vinegar)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Cook quinoa :
- Rinse twice (to get rid of saponine).
- In a small pan with a lid, combine quinoa and 340 g water (1.7 times dry quinoa volume) and cover.
- As soon as it starts boiling, lower heat on medium and cook, covered, 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take pan out of heat, keep covered and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Cook butternut :
- Cut butternut into 5 mm side cubes.
- Bring salty water to a boil, add butternut and cook until soft. (oven cooking process also possible).
- Cook shallot :
- Peel and chop shallot.
- Fry with oil in a small pan – high heat (Or melt with a tiny bit of oil in a small covered pan – low heat – for a healthier result).
- Cut olives into 2.
- Cut cashew into 4.
- Make dressing :
- In a bowl, combine, mustard, vinegar, a generous pinch of salt and a pinch of black pepper. whisk.
- Slowly add oil and never stop using whisk until dressing is a pretty and thick emulsion.
- Combine ingredients in a dish/bowl and add knobs of goat cheese on top of it.