An unsual homemade tart/pizza for a colorful meal !
At last it’s beetroots time ! Yipi !
And when you’ve prepared almost a ton of beetroot dip for a birthday party, you need to be creative to use it on something else than a toast… And this is how the tartizza was born ! It’s not really pretty but definitely tasty.
Ingredients (for an entire oven tray) :
- For the dough
- 300 g floor
- 10 g dry yeast
- 160 g water
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- For beetroot dip
- 250 g beetroots cooked and peeled.
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 handful choped mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp thick crème fraîche
- 1 pinch nigella seeds
- For the finish
- Cheese (on the picture : gouda aux orties from Sequoia bio, Keym square in Bxl)
- 100 g choped mushrooms
- 50 g Rucola
- 4 slices ham from the Ardennes or a handful black olives for a vegetarian version
- For the dough :
- Stir together floor and yeast with your hands.
- Add salt
- On a bowl, add together water and olive oil, make a hole in the floor and yeast mix and pour the liquid at once
- Knead for 10 minutes
- let it stand for 1h
Manual kneading – From the international bakery school
- For the beetroot dip:
- Cook beetroots (salted boiling water or for more ways to cook beetroots : here) then peel and mix.
- In a mixer add mashed beetroots, cumin, mint, nigella seeds and season. Mix at slow speed and slowly add lemon juice. Same with crème fraîche.
- For the finish
- Pre-heat your oven at 200 °C – 210 °C
- Roll dough out and shape it.
- Spread beetroot dip on dough, add cheese and mushrooms (and olives if you go for the vegetarian version) and heat up in the oven for 10 to 30 minutes (depends on your oven, just check it out sometimes)
- Add rucola, ham and… Enjoy !!