Some roots vegetables to warm your taste buds up
As a side dish or just like this, this root vegetables poêlée will help you rediscover the charm of our winter vegetables and their delicious slightly sweet taste… It’s all about the right way to cook them, still a little bit crispy but not raw !
Ingredients (for 2 persons) :
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots (170 g)
- 2 potatoes (200 g)
- 1/2 parsnip (100 g)
- 2 ou 3 jerusalem artichoke (100 g)
- 1 big onion
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp sugar
- Slice leek and cook (fondue de poireau): low heat, a bit of oil, covered.
- Peel carrots, cut into rings and cook in boiling water with a tsp sugar (to keep them bright orange)
- Slice onion.
- Peel and cut into small cubes other vegetables.
- In a frying pan, fry onion (on my picture mine are dark because I cooked them separated and deglazed them with balsamique vinegar but it’s not essential to do so).
- Half way, add potatoes, lower heat a tiny bit.
- Half way (potatoes slightly colored), add parsnip, jerusalem artichoke and thyme, lower heat (medium) and cover.
- 1 minute before the end, add leek and carrots, season.
- Don’t forget to take thyme off before serving
Tip : For more vitamins and minerals, you can use the steaming process to cook the carrots, parsnip and jerusalem artichoke and add them at the end of the cooking process together with the leek.
Et… voilà, Bonne dégustation !