A very easy recipe for soft and delicious rillettes to eat on the go
Because when you’re traveling you don’t always have access to an oven, a baking tray or a wood fire and therefore there aren’t so many solutions to sustain yourself. After trying all your picnic tricks with salads and vegetables, and when the guacamole season is over, there is still a little option : Tuna rillettes !
Unfortunately, tuna cans are not a sustainable product. BUT, if it’s really important to follow your values even in your plate, it’s also important to be healthy and to have a diversified diet while traveling/cycling/hikking. This said, tuna cans, if used with moderation, are ok from time to time.
- Around 200 g tuna (1 or 2 boxes depending on the size)
- 50 g fresh cheese like Philadelphia (or if you have homemade fresh cheese it’s even better)
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Lemon juice : Half lemon
- Salt or celery salt or svaneti salt
- Get rid of the oil in the tuna can and mash the tuna with a fork in a bowl.
- Add cheese.
- Cut the tomatoes in very tiny pieces and mix it and mash it together with cheese and tuna.
- Add lemon juice and salt to your taste (even better with celery salt or svaneti salt)