Portuguese version : And because my portuguese is still not good enough to write but already good enough to read, this version is the closest I found and it’s from gulosoesaudavel.com… (one day !). My proportions are slightly different and I used butter instead of “Creme vegetal sem sal”… which makes me unable to hide that I’m french !
The simplest, quickest and most delicious chocolate cake ever !
I had no idea this chocolate cake was from Portugal as I’ve discovered my version thanks to my sister in law when I was 20. But now I know and I love it even more !
- 125g biscuits (Portugal : Maria ; France or Blegium : Petit Beurre ; England : Maria or Lorna Doone cookies if you can’t find Maria biscuits)
- 100g butter
- 75g sugar
- 1 egg
- 100g chocolate
- Melt butter together with chocolate and let it cool down.
- Whisk egg and sugar until creamy and white (very light yellow).
- Crumble biscuits.
- When chocolate and butter mix is cold, add it into egg and sugar mix and stir.
- Add biscuits into mix.
- Put everything in clingfilm, roll and put in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
Here you go, a perfect portuguese chocolate cake in 10 minutes. Enjoy !