Green and soft, the perfect “shrek” soup for kids
- 2 courgettes
- 2 shallots
- 3 potatoes
- Fresh cheese (or for industrial cheese : The laughing cow, kiri, st morêt, philadelphia…)
- Water, vegetable stock or chicken stock
- Neutral oil
- Peel and slice shallots and fry them.
- Peel other vegetables, cut into pieces (the smaller the pieces, the quicker the cooking process).
- Add vegetables to fried shallots, add water (or stock) and leave it until potatoes can be mashed with a fork.
- Blend. It’s more likely that your soup will be a bit too liquid. Reduce some more or if you want to keep the quantity add a bit of flour. Just remember the taste will be slightly different if you use flour.
- Add fresh cheese only to the quantity of soup that will be eaten the same day and blend again. The soup will be easier to keep in the fridge without cheese in it.