Sweet and savoury option for a colored lunch under the sun of Portugal
Beetroot (from May to October) + apple (from October to March)… This combination shouldn’t be available if we only eat seasonal fruits and vegetables. But because beetroots are easily kept fresh under special conditions (dark fresh room or buried somewhere in the garden surrounded with sand, paper, straws… ) to mix these two flavours in a gorgeous pink salad !
- 3 beetroots
- 1,5 apple
- 200 g roquefort or gorgonzola
- 150 g walnuts
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp soya sauce
- Olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt if necessary
- Cook beetroots (salted boiling water or for more ways to cook beetroots : here), peel and cut into small cubes.
- Peel and cut apple into cubes the same size or smaller than beetroot.
- Cut blue cheese into cubes the same size.
- Smash walnuts into pieces if not already done.
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl
- Prepare sauce : stir together in a bowl honey, soya sauce, olive oil and lemon juice and add salt if necessary. This sauce is better if very strong, add more soya sauce and lemon if necessary.