Chicken with cashew nut – My one true addiction
This very special and absolutely delicious recipe comes from the list of secrets that “Thai secret cooking school” agreed to share with me last week. More secrets/portrait/info to come in the coming days, stay tuned.
- 50 g chicken thigh cut into bite size pieces
- 25 ml chicken broth or water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 or 2 dried chilies cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium onion cut into pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper (or green or yellow) cut into bite size chunks
- 25 g carrot thinly sliced
- 25 g baby corn cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 or 2 spring onion cut into thirds
- In a wok :
- Fry the cashew nuts in vegetable oil until golden brown, store them on a plate.
- Heat the vegetable oil and put the dried chili and garlic. Stir fry over medium high heat until fragrant “about 20 seconds”.
- Add chicken and stir until chicken is cooked half way.
- Add remaining ingredients except srping onions and cashew nutsSeason with oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and water.
- Continue stir frying for about 1 minute, add the spring onions, cashew nuts and stir fry for another 15 seconds then turn the heat off.
- Serve with Thai jasmine rice.