Fall type of soup with a little twist from south-eastern Asia
- 1 kg pumpkin (works also with butternut)
- 1 Tbsp peeled and sliced ginger
- 2 shallots
- 1 onion
- 50 cl vegetable stock or chicken stock
- Single cream or coconut milk
- Peel and slice ginger (keep a little piece on the side for 4, 5 julienne strips), fry.
- Peel and slice onions and shallots and fry them together with ginger.
- Peel pumpkin and cut into cubes (the smaller the pieces, the quicker the cooking process).
- Add pumpkin into the pan with onion, shallot and ginger, add stock and leave it until pumpkin can be mashed with a fork.
- Blend and add water or reduce if necessary.
- Fry julienne strips with neutral oil until golden.
- Serve with a bit of single cream or coconut milk.