Caramelized oat, dried or fresh fruits, seeds or chocolate… You pick !
Regular granola is usually made with maple syrup or honey and baked in an oven. But when I’ve first wanted to make it I only had a limited access to products and tools. No honey, no maple syrup, no oven but this recipe is the proof that it’s still possible to find a way to cook something good when you have a breakfast emergency.
See for yourself, it’s very easy, made in 10 minutes, doesn’t need any cooking tools and requires very low energy…
- 400g oat
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar (white sugar would work too)
- And then depending on your taste and budget:
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Pecan nuts
- Sesame seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pistachio nuts
- Pin nuts
- Dried fruits (figs, cranberries, apricots, raisins…)
- Fresh fruits (Depending on the season: apples, pears,strawberries, melon, raspberries, sliced figs, elaeagnus berries, kiwi, persimmon…)
- In a frying pan, medium heat, without oil, brown off the oat.
- Flip it regularly so that it doesn’t burn at the bottom of the frying pan.
- When brown, add sugar and stir until completely melted.
- Once the oat has cooled down, add your seeds, nuts, dried fruits, chocolate etc.
- Eat it with milk (rice, coconut, almond, cow…), yogurt, fromage blanc…
A few ideas:
Peanuts, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, milk chocolate and rice milk (I added here a pinch of salt together with sugar)
Dried apricots, dried figs, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, fresh peach and fromage blanc
Have a nice day !