The perfect halloween soup
I’m definitely far behind with my recipes since I thought this soup would be a perfect match for halloween. And the season is almost over for the beets which makes it even more not a good sustainable match for early december but I still love beetroot and the fact that this little gem is full of minerals and vitamins A & C and I’m a huge soup fan so let’s say I’m just 11 month early for next halloween !
- 1 big potato
- 1 beetroot
- 1 parsnip
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 Tbsp feneel seeds
- 2 taragon sticks
- 1,5 l water
- Cut onion and cook (medium heat with a bit of oil and covered)
- Cut all vegetables trying to have pieces almost the same size.
- Once onion is ready, add vegetables, water and taragon. Increase the heat to high.
- Once cooking process is over, take off taragon and blend.
- Smash fennel seeds in a mortar and add them together with salt until it matches your taste.