Typical from portugal, the fried little codfish fritters
Ingredients (for around 15 pieces):
- 250 g codfish with salt removed from it with a bath of fresh water.
- 200 g potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 Tbsp fresh choped parsley.
- 2 eggs
- Cook cod fish in slightly salted water.
- Boil potatoes with their skin.
- Peel and mash potatoes.
- Clean, take off bones and crumble codfish.
- Put both potatoes and codfish in the same bowl, stir and add choped onion, parsley and season with nutmeg and salt.
- Incorporate the eggs one by one until you get an homogeneous dough.
- Shape the bolinhos using table spoons and fry them
Tips : If you’re not going to eat all bolinhos the same day, you can shape some of them and put them in your freezer before frying process.