Cold or warm, easy recipe to invite middle eastern flavours at your table
And if you have ratatouille leftovers in your fridge, this recipe will be even easier and quicker to make !
As a main course, don’t forget to add some proteins into your meal with a soft-boiled egg, an omelette, some bread with cheese, a small piece of grilled chicken or a yogurt for dessert. If you’re vegan, you can add some fried tofu to the recipe, seasoned and diced or use ground squash seeds instead of sunflower seeds for some proteins.
Ingredients (for 2 to 4 persons depending on the size of vegetables) :
- 1 courgette (zucchini)
- 1 aubergine (eggplant)
- 1 tomato
- 2 coffee cup Bulgur
- Green olives (handful)
- Handful fresh mint
- Handful sunflower seeds
- Olive oil
- Brown sunflower seeds with a bit of oilve oil. Season.
- Slice vegetables.
- In a frying pan with olive oil, fry courgette and aubergine until soft. 2 minutes before the end of the cooking process, add olives and tomato. Season.
- Heat up 4 coffee cups of water, add bulgur. When there is no more water, leave Bulgur on the side for a few minutes before using it.
- Chop mint
- Combine bulgur, vegetables, mint, add olive oil and salt (if necessary).
- Serve and add sunflewer seeds at the very last moment.
Bon appétit !