For using your veggies leftovers or simply for the pleasure of enjoying a super colorful poêlée
Ingredients (for 2 persons) :
- 8 green cabbage leaves
- 6 Brussels sprouts
- 10 fingerling potatoes
- 1 leek
- 1 beetroot
- 1/2 garlic clove
- Coarse salt
- Olive or groundnut oil
- 1 sprig of thym
- Cook fingerling potatoes in a sautée pan with oil, thym and coarse salt, medium to low heat, cover.
- Meanwhile :
- Bring 2 pans full of water to the boil.
- Finely chop garlic.
- Clean and cut leek into pieces of about 1 cm.
- Peel and cut beetroot into pieces of about 1 cm too.
- Fry garlic on high heat. Lower heat, add leek and beetroot, cover (medium to low heat).
- Once water is boiling, blanch cabbage leaves and Brussels sprouts a few minutes until cooked but still firm.
- When potatoes are ready, cut into 2 or 4 pieces and add to poêlée without mixing too much.
- When Brussels sprouts are ready, cut into 2 pieces and add to poêlée too.
- After cabbage is ready, chop and sauté cabbage in the pan where the potatoes were cooked.
- Plate up just like you want to.
Tip : For more vitamins and minerals, the steaming process is what you’re looking for.