A recipe full of fibres, proteins and low in fat
Lentils are “healthy diet friendly” thanks to their nutritionnal intake, high on fibres, proteins, mineral and antioxidant and low on fat and sugar… What else ?!?
Ingredients for 2 :
- 125 g lentils
- 2 leeks
- 1 shallot
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp green olives
- 1 handful sunflower seeds
- Vinaigrette sauce:
- Olive oil or hazelnut oil to consistency
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt
- A pinch Pepper
- Rinse lentils in cold water
- Boil lentils : Start with cold water, no vinegar, no salt, cover. No magical timing, you have to taste it to know it’s ready (just for information lentils need between 15 to 40 minutes cooking time depending on the variety).
- Chop shallot and leeks, cut tomatoes into 4 pieces and olives into 2.
- Fry shallot in a bit of olive oil or neutral oil.
- After turning golden, lower the heat to medium and add leeks (add oil if necessary).
- Make vinaigrette (don’t be afraid of making it strong).
- Dry lentils, use cold water to stop cooking process and dry again.
- In a bowl, mix lentils, vinaigrette sauce, leek, tomatoes, olives and sunflower seeds