Yogurt soup, pur turkish product
Ingredients for4 persons:
- 1 egg (mixed)
- 250 g greek yogurt
- 6 garlic cloves
- Water (1,5 litre) with a poultry cube or directly 1.5 litter of poultry broth
- Rice from yesterday (alredy cooked – around 70 g)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée mixed with a bit of boiling water
- Chili flakes
- Black pepper
- Dryed mint
Note : The idea of mixing eggs and yogurt is to avoid the yogurt to decompose itself with the heat of the fire.
- In a saucepan, mix the egg, the yogurt and mic them together.
- Add garlic and poultry broth, middle heat for around 30 minutes.
- Add the rice, the tomato purée and the spices. Put it back to middle heat for around 10 minutes. (If the rice is not cooked, add only the rice and the tomato purée, put it back on middle heat for around 20 minutes and add the spices only at the end and put it back 10 minutes on low heat).
- Filter the soup and serve