Having a brunch at home?
Of course, every sunday !
“Brunch” is a combination of breakfast and lunch. You can find a thousand ways to prepare a brunch as the main goal is to mix sweet recipes, salty ones and combine eggs, bacon and other products.
Here is one way/one idea to make your own brunch at home, you can use it, as is, or just use it as an inspiration…
Ingredients for 2 persons :
- 500 g muschrooms
- 200 g bacon
- Lamb’s lettuce
- 10 small tomatoes (we call it cocktail tomatoes in french but I don’t know its name in english)
- 1 mozzarella
- Fried onions or seeds like pine nut, sunflower seeds, squash seeds…
- 1 avocado (Depending of the season)
- Green olives
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1/2 baguette
- 2 chocolate croissants
- Salted butter
- Oliv oil or basil oliv oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fry the seeds in a hot dry pan (or with a bit of oliv oil and salt).
- Wash the tomatoes and lamb’s lettuce.
- Cut the tomatoes in 2 or 4 pieces (depending on their size), the olives in 2 pieces, the mushrooms in 4 pieces and the mozarella and avocado in small cubes.
- Put everything (except the mushrooms) in a salad bowl, together with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and one pinch of salt (you can make another dressing with mustard, shallots, sugar…).
- Butter the bread with salted butter and cut it into small slices.
- Try to do the followings at the same time (so that everything is warm on the table):
- Fry the mushrooms in a hot pan until golden.
- Fry the bacon.
- Cook the eggs “à la coque” (Soft boiled eggs) – 3 min 45.