Again it looks like a belgian recipe but it’s from Georgia !
Back to the old times, everyone, in summer, was preparing the next winter. Nana’s pickles would definitely be part of that winter preparation process… this little sour cucumber that goes so well in a sauce, a burger or in a sandwich… (And that goes particularly well with a “tartine d’Américain” for my Belgian followers)
Ingredients per jar:
- Fresh parsley (small handful)
- 1 laurel leave
- 2 garlic cloves
- Cucumbers (As many as you need to fill the jar)
- Boiling water (same remark)
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 10 black pepper grains
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 aspirin pill
- Put all the following ingredients in the jar : Parsley, laurel, garlic, cucumbers (put them very tight inside the jar, the idea is not to have any empty space anymore), chili flakes, black pepper, salt.
- Fill the jar with boiling water and wait 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the water.
- Fill again the jar with boiling water, add the aspirin pill and the vinegar.
- Close the jar, put it upside down for one night and store your pickles for next winter !
You can use the exact same process and recipe with tomatoes or tomatoes + cucumbers. Thank you Nana !